This potato bake for me is a family favourite that never disappoints and works together as a side for so many dishes, the key to the flavour in this dish comes from the freshness of the thyme, smokiness of the bacon and the creaminess of the butter and cream. (make sure to use the right potatoes)
- 500ml cream
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 tbsp. thyme chopped
- 1kg potatoes (Sebago or desiree)
- 20g butter
- 200g diced bacon
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and slice the potatoes into 3mm thick round pieces
- Combine the cream, garlic, thyme, bacon and potato in a large heavy based saucepan then season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring gently to prevent the potato from sticking.
- Preheat oven to 180°C grease a 1.5L baking dich with butter
- Transfer the potato and cream mixture to the baking dish, spreading even into one layer cover with foil and bake for 1 ½ hours or until potato is tender.
- Remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until the potato is tender and the cream is absorbed.
Trackback from your site.