A healthy & super quick Beef Mince recipe that packs a lot of flavour. Once you have sourced a couple of ingredients from the Asian grocer this will quickly become a mid-week go to dish.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced + extra, to serve
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 large sweet potato (300g), peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 450g family-size microwave brown rice
- 400g packet shredded coleslaw (cabbage, carrot, celery)
- 180g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 100g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- Kimchi, if desired, sesame seeds, to serve
Heat oil in a large wok or non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add garlic and onions and cook for 1 minute. Add honey, soy and vinegar and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, microwave sweet potato for 2 minutes on HIGH (100%) or until tender. Microwave rice according to packet instructions.
Divide rice between bowls. Top with coleslaw, snow peas, mince mixture and sweet potato. Serve with kimchi, if desired, and sprinkle with sesame seeds and extra green onions.
- Beef stir-fry strips are a delicious substitute for mince in this recipe.
- Kimchi, a spicy pickled cabbage, is available at Asian grocers.
- For a spicier bowl, serve with some Ssamjang paste (hot red pepper paste), also available at Asian grocers.
Trackback from your site.