This dish to me is just how a potato salad should be, it is the French version and one that I got taught by a French chef (Manu) and one that I use so often. Confident to say it will be the best potato salad you will have ever tried.
Serves 4 – 6… Serve with your favourite steak!! (See recipe: How to cook the perfect steak)
- 600g kipfler potatoes (cleaned)
- 4 eggs
- 4 tomatoes (cored, cut in half, seeded and cut into 1cm pieces)
- 200g ham (cut into 1cm pieces)
- ¼ cup finely chopped curly parsley
- 125ml whole egg mayonnaise
- 5 cornichons (thinly sliced)
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted water, bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, but still firm. Drain ad when they cool peel and cut into large pieces.
- Place eggs in a small sauce pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil over medium heat, cook for 6 minutes, drain and refresh in cold water. Carefully shell the eggs, cut into quarters and set aside.
- Place the potato, egg, tomato, ham and cornichons in a large bowl and toss gently to combine. Add the parsley and enough mayonnaise to just coat the other ingredients, toss gently and serve.