No better way to bring an amazing curry flavour to the char grill than through this Asian inspired dried spice Massaman blend, from the aroma of the grill to the flavour on the palate it’s a winner every time.
- 15 lamb cutlets
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 dried red chillies
- ¾ tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds
- 2 cloves
- 3 x 1cm pieces cassia bark
- 1 tbsp. lemongrass (finely chopped)
- 5 ground black pepper corns
- ¼ tbsp. ginger powder
- ½ tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Pre heat oven to 170°C, place cumin, coriander, cloves, cassia bark and lemongrass in a pan, roast for 10 minutes, add chilli and roast for another 5 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place the spices in a food processor and grinding to a fine powder, place in a bowl and mix through the pepper, ginger, garlic and onion powder, mix together and set aside.
- Rub spice mix into the lamb cutlets and BBQ for 2-3 minutes per side
- Serve on a chopping board with the left over spice mix in a bowl on the side, serve with a nice Asian salad.