Why not add one of our famous Double Wood Smoked Leg Hams to your menu this year with this amazing recipe from our good friends at Blend Smoked Honey. The gentle smokey flavour of the honey, offset with mustard and other ingredients add a sublime level to the humble glazed Christmas ham. Sweet, sticky & dead easy.
- 1 double wood smoked leg ham
- 2 tbsp. pommery mustard
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp.. thick marmalade
- 4 tbsp. blend smoked honey
- 1/2 tbsp. crushed cloves
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 torn rosemary sprig
- 1 good splash of Tassie whisky
- Preheat oven to 160º. meanwhile carefully remove the outer skin layer of ham leaving the white layer of fat underneath (we can prep this for you in store).
- In the fat layer score a criss/cross pattern and rub in the mustard, marmalade & rosemary, mix all other ingredients in a small bowl and gently spoon over the ham.
- Cook in oven for 50-60 minutes while basting your double wood smoked leg ham every 10 minutes with the glaze and juice in the bottom of the pan.
- If the glaze is getting to sticky add a touch of water to thin it very slightly.
- in the last 5 minutes of cooking baste the ham one last time and give your oven a quick blast at 190-200º. keep an eye it can burn quickly at this stage.
- Serve and enjoy.
Browse Christmas Pork Products
Leg Ham Bone In (Centre Cut)$19.99 per kg
Leg Ham Bone In (Shank End)$19.99 per kg
Leg Ham Bone In (Chump End)$19.99 per kg
Leg Ham Bone In (Whole)$18.99 per kg
Leg Ham Boneless (Whole or Halves)$23.99 per kg
Leg Ham – Sliced off the Bone$33.99 per kg
Shortcut Bacon – Sliced$25.99 per kg