You can’t have a pork roast without pork crackle!! If you follow a few simple steps, we can guarantee you will have the crunchiest of crackling every time. Great pork crackle start with using great quality Sweet Bangalow Pork
- Sweet Bangalow Pork Roast
- Course salt
- Cracked pepper
- Olive oil
- Remove pork roast from packaging and season with olive oil, course salt & cracked pepper, leave in fridge uncovered for up to 24 hours before cooking.
- Remove roast from fridge and place on bench for one hour before cooking, to get the roast to room temperature.
- Pre heat oven to 220°
- Dry off the skin with paper towel and re season with olive oil , course salt and cracked pepper before roasting & place in a roasting pan with a trivet.
- Roast for 20 – 30 minutes at 220° until the crackle starts to go a golden colour
- Reduce the temperature of you oven to 180° and continue to cook till roast is done.
- Use a good quality course salt this will help dry out the skin and create your crackle
- By removing the roast from the packaging and leaving uncovered in your fridge you will start to dry out the skin.
- Putting your roast in the oven at room temp not straight out of the fridge will allow your oven to not loose any heat which helps crackle quicker.
Browse Christmas Pork Products
Boned & Rolled Pork Loin Roast (Plain)$24.99 per kg
Boned & Rolled Pork Loin Roast (Granny Smith & Sultana)$24.99 per kg
Boned & Rolled Pork Loin Roast (Spinach & Toasted Pinenut)$24.99 per kg
Boned & Rolled Pork Loin Roast (Citrus, Fig, Apricot & Macadamia)$24.99 per kg
Pork Scotch Roast Whole 3.5kg (Boneless)$19.99 per kg
Pork Scotch Roast Half 1.7kg (Boneless)$19.99 per kg