Christmas Turkey is a tradition for many festive lunches and dinners, and with our delicious free-range turkeys, it’s sure to be a hit. We have put together some useful hints and tips to cook the perfect oven roasted turkey, to come out a treat every time. It all comes down to the right cooking and resting times also basting the turkey throughout the cooking period.
Oven Roasted Christmas Turkey Ingredients
- 4.5 kg Free range turkey
- Cooking oil
- Salt & pepper
- Chicken stock
- Start by rinsing your turkey under cold water and then dry out the skin by pressing with paper towel to absorb the moisture.
- Preheat your oven to 180º degrees, grease a wire rack and place inside a backing dish.
- Place your turkey breast side up on top of rack, season well with oil, salt & pepper
- Place a good 1 ½ to 2 cups of water underneath the turkey. To add more flavour substitute the water for stock.
- Cover your turkey with alfoil and place in the oven for 1 ½ hrs.
- After the first 1 ½ hrs remove the foil from turkey and continue to roast for a further 1 ½ – 2 Hrs. basting your turkey every 20 mins with the stock that is in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cook your turkey to internal tempreature of 72˚internal.
- Once cooked, cover your turkey with foil and tea towel then allow to rest for 30 mins minimum.
Want to do a smoked whole turkey low n slow style?
Browse Christmas Turkey Products
Fresh Whole Duck – 1.8kg$15.00 per kg
Buffe Boned & Rolled Turkey (Approx. 2kg)$29.00 per kg
Buffe Boned & Rolled Turkey 2kg (Citrus, Fig, Apricot & Macadamia)$29.00 per kg
Buffe Boned & Rolled Turkey 2kg (Cranberry & Chestnut)$29.00 per kg
Turkey Buffe Bone In 4-5kg$19.00 per kg
Fresh Whole Turkey 3-4kg$17.00 per kg
Fresh Whole Turkey 4-5kg$17.00 per kg
Fresh Whole Turkey 5-6kg$17.00 per kg
Fresh Whole Turkey 6-7kg$17.00 per kg