Be sure to have one of our delicious Free Range Turkey on the menu this Christmas. We have put together some useful hint and tips to cook the perfect roast turkey. To cook the perfect roast turkey every time!! It all comes down to the right cooking and resting times also basting the turkey throughout the cooking period.
- 4.5 kg Free range turkey
- Cooking oil
- Salt & pepper
- Chicken stock
- Start by rinsing your turkey under cold water and then dry out the skin by pressing with paper towel to absorb the moisture.
- Preheat your oven to 160º degrees, grease a wire rack and place inside a backing dish.
- Place your turkey breast side up on top of rack, season well with oil, salt & pepper
- Place a good 1 ½ to 2 cups of water underneath the turkey. To add more flavour substitute the water for stock.
- Cover your turkey with alfoil and place in the oven for 1 ½ hrs.
- After the first 1 ½ hrs remove the foil from turkey and continue to roast for a further 1 ½ – 2 Hrs. basting your turkey every 20 mins with the stock that is in the bottom of the baking dish.
- To check your turkey is cooked either use a temperature gauge or pierce with a skewer and look for clear juices to be running out.
- Once cooked, cover your turkey with foil and tea towel then allow to rest for 30 mins minimum.
- Allow 20 – 25 mins per 500g of turkey weight
- You can also glaze your turkey buy basting with a glaze for the last 40 mins of cooking time.
- Internal temperature 72º C.
Browse Christmas Turkey Products
Buffe Boned & Rolled Turkey 2kg$22.99 per kg
Buffe Boned & Rolled Turkey 2kg (Spinach & Toasted Pinenut)$22.99 per kg
Buffe Boned & Rolled Turkey 2kg (Cranberry & Chestnut)$22.99 per kg
Turkey Buffe Bone In 4-5kg$15.99 per kg
Fresh Whole Turkey 3-4kg$14.99 per kg
Fresh Whole Turkey 4-5kg$14.99 per kg
Fresh Whole Turkey 5-6kg$14.99 per kg
Fresh Whole Turkey 6-7kg$14.99 per kg