You’ll find this butterfly lamb leg barbecue recipe is the one to have on hand for trouble-free entertaining. It’s one of those dishes that require little effort with maximum reward! Combing our beautiful Tasmanian Lamb with fresh flavour and char grilling on the BBQ to create amazing texture and flavour.
Preparation Time: 8 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Serves 4-6
BBQ Butterflied Lamb Leg – Ingredients
- 1.5 kg Tasmanian Butterfly Lamb Leg
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. chopped capers
- grated rind and juice one small lemon
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- freshly ground pepper and salt
- salad, to serve (check out these BBQ sides for inspiration!)
- Preheat the barbecue to 200ºC (the burners should be set at medium). Combine the parsley, capers, rind, juice and oil, then rub over the lamb. Then season with pepper and salt.
- Place the lamb in the centre of the barbecue, fat side down first. Cook for 12 – 15 minutes each side to create a char grilled colour.
- Cooking internal temp guide – Rare 53º C, Medium Rare 58º C & Medium 62º C.
- Remove lamb, cover loosely with foil, and rest lamb for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve the lamb with salad.