This Pork Scotch Roast recipe uses our Sweet Bangalow pork, and this cut is among our most popular pork roast we do all year round, with a generous layer of crackle and the tender sweet meat you can only get from the shoulder it makes for the ultimate roast dinner. With a few simple tips you can create the perfect Pork Scotch Roast with the Crunchiest of Crackling.
- 2.5 Kg Pork scotch roast or Bone & Rolled Pork Loin Roast
- Sea salt flakes & cracked pepper
- Cooking oil
Pork Scotch Roast Recipe Method
- Leave pork uncovered in fridge overnight or for 5 hours before cooking if possible season with salt & pepper to help dry the skin.
- Remove Pork from Fridge 2 hour before cooking, Preheat your oven to 220 degrees then start preparing you pork.
- Press down your pork with some paper towel to absorb any excess moisture, then with some good oil drizzle all over the skin of your pork
- Make sure to season with salt and pepper and remembering that salt will help create that perfect crackle so don’t be afraid to really rub the skin well with salt
- Once seasoned place your pork in the high temp oven and cook for 30 mins, after the first 30 min turn your oven temp down to 180 degrees and cook your pork until 72˚ internal.
- Once cooked make sure to let your pork rest for a further 10 mins before carving…
- Allow 25 – 30 mins per 500g of pork weight
- Internal Cooking Temperature 72˚ degrees
Pork Crackling Tips
- Leave pork uncovered in fridge overnight or for 2 hours before cooking if possible season with salt & pepper to help dry the skin.
- Make sure you pork is at room temperature before cooking.
- Use a good quality coarse salt and oil when and re season your skin
- Cook your pork at 220˚ for 30 minutes to help the crackling start then reduce back to 180˚ for the remaining cooking
Browse Christmas Pork Products
Leg Ham Bone In (Centre Cut)$19.99 per kg
Leg Ham Bone In (Shank End)$19.99 per kg
Leg Ham Bone In (Chump End)$19.99 per kg
Leg Ham Bone In (Whole)$19.99 per kg
Leg Ham Boneless (Whole or Halves)$24.99 per kg
Leg Ham – Sliced off the Bone$32.99 per kg
Shortcut Bacon – Sliced$25.99 per kg