There isn’t too much more I can say about this dish, bar the fact it is the most incredible satay I have ever had, a very big call I know but I will guarantee you it will have a place in your recipe collection for years to come. This dish together with the salad and skewers is a great party pleaser, but keep in mind that just the satay sauce can be made and used in so many other dishes.
(This dish to me is in my top 5 recipes for sure and I am so happy to pass it on for everyone else to enjoy as well)
- 600g chicken tenderloins
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ½ tbsp. salt
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cups coconut cream
- ½ cup bean sprouts ½ bunch coriander leaves
- 1 long red chilli (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¾ cup carrot (thinly cut julienned)
- ½ cup snow peas (cut in ½)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup castor sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- On a medium heat pan, cook the chicken tenderloins fully, remove from heat and set aside
- To make the satay sauce, place all the ingredients together in a heavy based pot or saucepan and mix together well, cook over medium to high heat until reduced and thickened to a sauce consistency.
- To make the salad combine all the ingredients together and mix well in a large bowl.
- To make the dressing combine all ingredients and whisk together.
- To serve portion the salad out and dress the salad, place the tenderloins on a bed of white rice and pour over the satay sauce.